According to The mail, Manchester United are chasing beloved teenager Josh Feeney.
Aston Villa are also said to be enthusiastic and Feeney, 16, has a decision to make on his future.
Feeney is said to be a target for United’s academy where he would go in the Under-18 squad.
Here is a little glimpse of what we can tell you about the talented prospect …
1) Feeney plays for Fleetwood Town Academy. They accept that he leaves and are looking for a six-figure fee. He will be a free agent from July, but Fleetwood could claim costs through court.
2) Feeney plays as a center-back and trained with Fleetwood’s first team.
3) Feeney has been at the center of an international standoff. He represented Scotland in the Under-16s before moving to England in March, the Daily check-in reported.
4) Feeney scored for England’s Under-16s in a 6-0 win over Northern Ireland last week.
5) He teamed up with two United players in that game, goalkeeper Tom Wooster and defender Louis Jackson.
So, will he choose to sign with United?
For a young talent like Josh Feeney, it might not be a simple decision, with Aston Villa also involved.
Villa won the FA Youth Cup in 2020/21 and also has a good track record in developing young talent, with Carney Chukwuemeka among the members of that squad to move up to the first squad at the end of the season.
United of course have an incredible record of developing young talent, but Feeney may need to be a little more patient.
The youngster is used to making tough decisions, as shown by his recent stint from Scotland to England.
Having the chance to develop alongside England teammate Louis Jackson and form a defensive partnership might appeal to him.
United are stepping up their search for England-based players this summer at academy level, with Brexit rules meaning young foreigners must be 18 or over to register.
Do you have something to tell us about this article?